Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sorry for the Lack of Posts/ Food in Germany and Abroad

So I first need to start off by saying to my friends and family that wanted to follow me religiously that I'm sorry that I have been lacking in the blogging area....

Next I'm going to introduce the topic of food and how much it differs from the US and Germany/European Countries.

In the US food for me was a necessity and most of the time not very good for you. Not many of you know that at the beginning of the summer I started doing Weight Watchers because the Freshman 15 and the Sophomore 15 had caught up to me and I needed to do something about it. Well long story short since June I've lost 30 pounds.

While in Germany I've been trying to keep up with my diet and it has been hard to track everything while translating it but it's been good. The one major thing that I noticed was the fashion in which Europeans eat out in comparison to the American way.

First off in the US I feel as if when my family and I go out to eat it's mostly just to eat and so neither of my parents have to cook. We order our food and our drinks and we impatiently wait for the food. When we get the food, we quickly eat and have a few conversations about what has been happening in our lives but just skirting over the big things. Then when our waiter/waitress sees that we are all done they bring over the check, you look at the bill and pay quickly so that the waiter/waitress can turn over your table to the next people waiting.

In Germany it's completely different. here it seems that they take their time and eating is like visiting with friends time instead of trying to stuff as much food as possible in your mouth in a short amount of time. So throughout this time I've been guilty of taking pics of me eating. So here they are.








No comments:

Post a Comment